Shipping to Namibia
Walvis Bay is the world's fastest growing port. We are experts in shipping vehicles to Walvis Bay at competitive rates. Our experienced team will help you explore the various options available to meet your specific shipping requirements.
Walvis Bay has become a popular clearing port for vehicles destined for Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana and Democratic Republic of Congo.
We will give you impartial advice on how to ship your vehicle depending on your requirements and budget.
We offer the following services and options:
ROLL ON ROLL OFF (RoRo)
This service is only available to limited countries, ports and would require delivery to port of departure. The vehicle is simply driven onto the vessel for loading and off the vessel on arrival. Hence the term Roll on - Roll off as it is commonly known.
CONTAINER SHIPPING (FCL & LCL)
This service is the safest, cleanest and most preferred for high value vehicles. You have the option of shipping your vehicle in a sole or shared use container. We have successfully adopted the tilt and lash concept allowing up to 5 vehicles per 40ft High Cube Container (HCB) container. We collect UK throughout the UK or you can simply deliver to our depot in Aldershot.
SHORT & LONG TERM STORAGE
We offer short or long term vehicle storage at our secure premises. We accept anything from single vehicle up to hundreds of vehicles
depending on your requirements.
VEHICLE DISMANTLING & LOADING
We have a team of full time mechanical engineers readily available to partly or fully dismantle vehicles for shipping.
Vehicles dismantled and shipped as parts normally reflect lower duties and taxes at destination.
We lose load parts into containers or wooden crates for added protection and safe handling.
We also offer UK wide vehicle recovery for non-runners, non-roadworthy or damaged vehicles.
VEHICLE COLLECTION & DELIVERY
We offer UK wide by trade plate driver, covered transporter or multiple car transportation. We offer very competitive vehicle collection and delivery rates.
We also arrange for Marine Insurance upon request. Every precaution is taken to ensure your vehicle arrives safely and on time. We offer two types of cover, fully comprehensive and total loss insurance. We will complete a full descriptive vehicle condition report and the cost of insurance will be determined by the value of your vehicle.
PORT VEHICLE CLEARING PROCEDURE
Information required in order to get an accurate vehicle clearance quote
- Vehicle Dimensions (length, width, height and mass).
- Final Destination.
- Personal effects may not be loaded in the vehicles - prior consent is required. A packing list will be required.
Information required in order to start vehicle pre-clearance (scanned email copy) of vehicle en-route to Port of Walvis Bay
- Copy of Bill of Lading.
- Copy of purchase invoice.
- Copy of registration certificate (or Plating certificate).
- Completed POA for Release of Cargo form.
- Signed Power of Attorney for release of Cargo at Namibian Port.
- Certified copy of Consignee's ID.
- Goods Packing List if vehicle is loaded.
Documents required on arrival of vehicle clearance cargo
- Original Ocean Bill of Lading /telex release.
- Original Vehicle Registration certificate (or V5 Logbook).
- Original Invoice (Ocean freight and cost of vehicle to be indicated separately).
A FEW POINTS TO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION DURING THE CLEARING PROCESS
- Always ensure you have a spare key for your vehicle. If you buy a vehicle without a spare key it is worth it to have a spare key made. Have the spare keys send to you by courier. Often keys get lost in transit on the shipping vessels.
- Always declare any goods loaded in the vehicle. If goods are not declared there will be penalties and goods may be ceased by customs. This make the process of getting the vehicle released from the port longer thereby incurring extra storage charges.
- Always inform us of the correct details of the vehicle. If any mistake is found later there are penalties to pay for this and a Bill Corrector of correction needs to be obtained in order to release the vehicle.
- Vehicles in transit through Namibia on special permits are not allowed to carry any passengers. Make sure that whoever is collecting your vehicle is travelling alone.
AIR FREIGHT TO NAMIBIA
Our air freight services to Namibia include
- Express air freight services to Windhoek and Walvis Bay.
- We collect from anywhere in the UK at competitive courier rates.
- Express and economy documents and parcel courier services by air to Namibia.
Supported by our worldwide network of offices and agents, we offer:
SEA FREIGHT TO NAMIBIA
- We have regular LCL departures from UK to Namibia.
- FCL services to destination port or delivered to door.
- Bonded / non-bonded warehousing.
- Project Cargo and cross trade specialists.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff.
- UK Customs Clearance.
- Full marine insurance available upon request.
We offer competitively priced export full container services to Namibia, Botswana, DRC, Zambia and Zimbabwe. In addition to standard 20' and 40' containers, we regularly move flat racks and open top containers.
For smaller shipments, we offer part load services to Namibia from the UK. We work with many of the main consolidators which allow us to provide several departures each week to Namibioa and across the region. We specialise in both personal effects and commercial LCLs. Shipments can be collected from your premises or dropped at depots throughout the UK.
Our heavy-lift cargo shipping is our speciality, we handle all types of cargo which cannot be containerised.
Along with our air freight services to Namibia, we provide a number of additional services in the UK such as cargo insurance, crating, packing and storage as well as export documentation.